Job description: The Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.